Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Chasing God


FIRST and foremost, I need to clear the air (probably more for me than you) and apologize for being so lazy with this blog the last 6 months...couldnt have been any lazier actually...but the first step is admitting the problem, right?  For those of you who have ever taken a moment to read this blog, thank you, and I pray that God spoke to you in some way through it.  And for those who have stopped by to see if I'd finally posted again, I'm sorry for being a huge disapointment in that regard.  :)
But today is a new day, so I digress...

So my "plan" (those of you who know me well know I'm not much for structure) is not to blog on certain days of the week, or a certain number of times a week (we know where that concept got me) but to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit and be obedient to sit and write as soon as He puts something on my heart to share...so here I am.

As I parused my favorite little book, My Utmost For His Highest, full of amazing spiritual insight from my good friend Oswald, this verse immediatly grabbed me tonight.  Words from our Creator, Savior, life giver, Counselor, Healer, Jesus...

"I do not seek my own will, but the will of the Father who sent me."    -(John 5:30)

Wow.

I want to be able to say that. Every day.  Every year.  Through every chapter, trials and joys. 
Well into the first month of 2013, we are posed with the challenge of a "fresh start", a personal challenge, a resolution.  The word resolution comes from "resolve", which means to "make a firm decision about."  And that's exactly what Jesus did, every moment, every day, in every encounter with every person, in every situation, all the time.  He RESOLVED to follow and obey and trust the One who sent Him, and to dedicate his energy, his LIFE, solely to fulfill the purpose of God.

God is sending us too, every day that we wake up on this earth. 

Sending us into this broken, burting, sinful, selfish, God-rejecting world, and not for ourselves.  Not to gratify our flesh, or chase after our little (or big) ideas of happiness and fulfillment, but to chase after our Creator, daily...which will ultimately lead us right to the front door of our purpose.  Right to the center of HIS will.

So will you resolve to aim your feet in the direction of Him who is sending you?  Or will you aimlessly and recklessly blaze the path of your own ambitions, leaving God behind, as an after thought, hoping He's on board with your plan?

My prayer is that this new year you discover many blessings, unexpected ones, totally off your radar, not in your plans, as a result of listening to and following the leading of God. Maybe even some discomfort, some bending and stretching of your faith and your will, until you find yourself so wonderfully alligned with Him, so "In His Purpose" that you can't imagine how you ever lived any other way. 



No comments:

Post a Comment