Thursday, November 24, 2011

Give Thanks, or Selah!

Selah: hebrew- meaning to pause and praise.

In other words, stop what I'm doing, take a pause in my agenda, and thank the Maker of the heavens and the earth!

Happy thanksgiving, everyone!

I hope we all took the time to have a "selah" today, even amidst the busyness of the holiday.  It's so easy to get caught up in the little day-to-day details of life that we forget to be thankful. 

My Selah for today includes (but is NOT limited to) these thoughts of thanks:

-I am so grateful to the Lord for being all-knowing, all I need, and SO gracious, more than I deserve.

-I am so grateful that He doesn't always answer my prayers in my timing, because His is always better.

-I praise Him that He "gives and takes away".  Any time He takes away, he gives us the opportunity for a greater faith, a clearer world view, and more wisdom.  He also increases our influence- allows us to help and encourage somebody dealing with the same thing.

-I thank God for seeing the whole picture when I may only see what's right in front of me.

- I thank God for so strategically placing amazing people and circumstances in my life that make me stronger and wiser.  A better friend.  A better mom.  A better person. 


A Psalm of thanksgiving:
Shout triumphantly to the LORD, all the earth.
Serve the LORD with gladness;
come before Him with joyful songs.


Acknowledge that the LORD is God.
He made us, and we are His —
His people, the sheep of His pasture.


Enter His gates with thanksgiving
and His courts with praise.
Give thanks to Him and praise His name.


For the LORD is good, and His love is eternal;
His faithfulness endures through all generations.
Psalm 100

No comments:

Post a Comment